Coconut burfi is a old traditional sweets with less ingredients which has snow white appearance and melt softly in mouth. Usually My Mom used to make this burfi on stovetop, I followed the same. while browsing Prema's Thaligai page, I found easiest way in making coconut burfi where beginners too wont go wrong. Thanks Prema for this lovely recipe.
Coconut Flakes - 2 cups( Fresh or dessicated one, I used dessicated one)
Sugar - 1 ½cups
water -¾ cup
Rava - 2tbsp
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Cardamom powder - 1tsp
Salt - A pinch
Saffron - few (optional)
If you are using fresh coconut flakes, Microwave it for 2 ~3minutes to dry it completely & make sure to scrap white portion of the coconut.
- Take Microwave safe bowl & add sugar, water and mix it.
- Keep this mixture in microwave for 10 minutes on high. Stir in between to bring sugar syrup into string consistency. ( First I kept it for 4 minutes & then for 3 minutes and again for 3 minutes & perfectly got the desired consistency.)
- Add coconut flakes, Rava, Ghee, Cardamom powder & salt to the syrup and mixwell.
- Keep this mixture again in microwave for 2 minutes & stir in between. ( After 2 minutes, I felt my Burfi mixture is liquid, so I add extra Rava & microwave it for another 3 minutes.)
- Mean while greas a plate, & pour the coconut burfi mixture to it & spread it into equal thickeness.
- Allow it to cool & cut it into desired shape.
- Take it out without breaking the burfi & store it in air tight container.
Sending this recipe to Aipi & Priya's "Bookmarked events"