Cauliflower puloa is a milder version pulao which is very easy to prepare with basic ingredients which serves as a perfect lunch box meal.
Cauliflower Florets - 11/2 cups ( 1 big or medium)
Basmati Rice / Thin variety rice - 1 cup
Onion - 1 (chop thinly)
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Salt - To taste
Oil - 2tbsp
Ghee - 1 tsp
For Masala Paste:
Coconut - ½ cup
Green chili - 5~6
Cloves - 2
Bay leaves - 1
- Wash & soak rice for min 15minutes & drain and keep it aside.
- Remove florets from cauliflower & keep it aside.
- Boil water with ½ tsp of salt and put florets to it & bring it to boil.
- Once cauliflower water starts to boil, cover the lid and turn off the heat.
- After 10 minutes drain the water from cauliflower florets and keep it aside.
- Grind all Masala ingredients together into fine paste & keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure pan, add sliced onion to it fry till it turns transparent.
- Add GG paste & saute it for 2minutes until raw smell disapper.
- Add ground paste & saute it until oil separates from the mixture.
- Add drained rice & fry it for one minute.
- Add 2 cups of water & drained cauliflower to the mixture.
- Adjust Salt & spice to taste.
- When mixture starts to boil, Close with lid & put the weight and low the heat.
- After 10 minutes, turn off the heat. No need to wait for steam or whistle from the cooker.
- Serve Hot with any spicy gravy.