Aval /Poha/ beaten rice - ½ cup
Milk - 4 cups
Water - 1 cup
Condensed Milk - ½ cup
Sugar - ½ cup or to taste.
Salt - a pinch
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Cashews - as required ( can use any nuts, I used melon seed)
Cardamon powder - ½ tsp
- Wash & drain Aval completely and keep it aside.
- Boil Milk & water together, until it reduce to half.
- Add drained Aval & cook in medium heat until done.
- Low the heat, add condensed milk, sugar, salt & stir well and cook it for 10 minutes in min heat.
- Fry cashews & nuts in 1tbs ghee and add to Aval payasam along with cardamon powder.
sending this to Kurinji 's Healthy recipe hunt1