Colocasia Balls are my favorite snack. I remember those lovely School days where my Mum used to encourage us to take veggies indirectly. Try this, even Colocasia haters will ask for more.
Colocasia / Cheppankizhangu - ½ lb
Daliya / Chutney Dal / Roasted chana dal - ¾cup or As required.
Rice flour - 2tbsp
Ginger Garlic Paste - ½ tsp
Green chilies - 3 (Medium)
Red chili powder - 1tsp or to taste
Coriander powder - ½tsp or to taste
Fennel seeds - ½ tsp
Garam Masala - ½ tsp
Turmeric powder - A pinch
Salt - To taste
Oil - For Frying
- Wash & Boil Colocasia in a vessel until soft . Mash & keep it aside.
- Grind Daliya in to fine powder.
- Chop or Grind green chilies.
- Mix all Ingredients expect Oil & make a soft dough. Adjust salt & spices to taste.
- Divide the dough into required equal size balls & Meanwhile heat the oil in a pan.
- Fry Colocasia balls in medium heat until golden brown color.
- Serve with Ketchup & even it goes well with Sambar & Rasam Rice.
(Note: do not pressure cook Colocasia , it will become more mushy )