This is very easy & simple recipe I used to do every month for Sangadahara Chaturthi.
Rice flour or Raw rava- 1 cup
Jaggary - ¾ cup
Fresh Cocunut - ¼cup grated or chopped
Water - 2 cups or required
Cardamon powder - ¼ tsp
Ghee - 1tsp
Salt - A pinch
Oil - for rubbing the hands
For store bought Rice flour / Rice Rava:
Fry Rice flour in a dry pan until nice aroma comes. (OR)
Fry Rice rava in a dry pan until it turns to golden colour.
For Raw rice:
Soak rice for ½ hour, drain & spread it on a cloth to dry.for 15 ~ 20 minutes.
Rice should be moist but not wet after drying.
Grind it in a mixer grinder into fine paste. Sieve the flour & remove the coarse particle and discard it.
Steam or Fry rice flour & keep it ready.
- Cut Jaggery into small pieces & Boil it in 2 cups of water.
- When it starts to boil, remove & drain the jaggery water in a tea filter to remove dust from the it.
- Add Filtered jaggery water to rice flour & the add Grated coconut, Salt, Ghee, Cardamon powder to the mixture. Mix well & allow it to cool.
- When it cool make small balls & place them in your palm and close your fists to get the desired shape.
- Steam them in idli cooker for ten minutes & serve.
(Note : Apply oil to your hands while making kozhukattai to avoid flour sticking to your hands. If you are using Rice rava, Again boil the filtered jaggery water & add rica rava to it & stir well to avoid lumps and follow the same procedure.)