After Browsing Various coconut macaroons recipes, I felt this Eggless coconut macaroons is very much similar to South Indian thengai biscuits & Fulfilled my taste buts after a long time. Thanks Madhuram For this lovely recipes. I increased the quantity of flour from ¼cup to ½cup to get stiff macaroons, rest I followed the original recipe with some variations.
Sweetened condensed milk - 1 cup / 200 grams
Milk - ¼ cup / 60 ml
All purpose flour / Maida - ½ cup / 32 grams
Sweetened shredded coconut flakes ( available in Grocery - baking section of departmental stores) - 2.5 cups / 135 grams
Semolina / Rava - 3 tbsp / 15 grams
Broken Cashews - ¼ cup(optional)
Cardamon Powder - 1 tsp / 5 grams
Cooking soda - A pinch
Salt - A pinch
- Preheat the oven at 400F & line the tray with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, Mix Condensed milk & milk together with wooden spoon, Whisk it until they blend.
- Then add Semolina, Flour, Cooking soda, Cardamon powder & salt to this milk mixture and blend it thoroughly. Make sure there is no lump in it.
- Add shredded coconut to this mixture & blend it until batter was nice & firm as shown in the picture.
- Drop tablespoonful of batter on the lined tray with equal distance & bake it for 12~15minutes or until the edges become golden brown color.
- Once done allow the macaroons to cool on the tray for 10 minutes & transfer to a rack & cool completely.
- Store in air tight container for more than 15 days on room temperature.