Vegetable - Your choice ( Slice thinly to desired shape)
Besan Flour - 1 cup
Rice Flour - ½ cup
Red Chili Powder - As per taste
Cooking soda - A pinch
Orange Food color - 3 drops
Salt - To taste.
Water - As required
Oil - 1tsp
Oil - To Fry
- Cut the Vegetable thinly to desired shape.
- Mix besan, Rice flour, Oil 1spn, Cooking soda, Red chili powder, Food color & Salt together.
- Add required water to besan mixture. Consistency of the batter must be in between consistency of idly and dosa Batter. Rest this batter for 15 minutes.
- Rest this batter for 15 minutes.
- Heat Oil in medium heat, When Oil is hot, dip the sliced vegetables in the batter & deep fry it.
- Turn well to get uniform golden color.
- Serve hot with any chutney.
Note: I used Raw plantain, Onion, Potatoes, Bread & cauliflower. Just slice the vegetable thinly & dip in the batter and for Cauliflower Just break the florets Put it in boiling salt water & cover the lid. Keep it for sometime & drain the water & follow the same procedure as we do for other vegetables.
We can also use Eggplant, Ridge gourd & bell pepper