Whole wheat flour - 1Cup
Water - ½ cup or as required
Salt - A pinch
Potatoes / Aloo - 2 (medium size - boiled, peeled & cooled)
Green chilli - 1 (minced) or Use red chili powder to taste.
Cumin powder - ½ tsp
Garam masala powder - ½ tsp
Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
Amchoor powder - ½ tsp
Cilantro - As required (minced)
Oil - 1tsp
Salt - To taste.
Required Flour to roll
Oil for cooking
- Mix together dough ingredients and make soft dough as we do for chapati dough & knead for some time.
- Apply oil on the dough & cover it with wet cloth & rest it for minimum 15 mins.
- Cook potatoes in boiling water, until tender and drain the water & allow it to cool then peel the skin .
- Mash the cooked potatoes & add filling ingredients together, mix well and keep it aside.
- Divide the dough & potato mixture into 6~7 equal parts and make sure potato balls must be bigger than dough balls.
- With help of rolling pin, roll the dough in to 5" circle & place potato ball in center and lift the edges of the dough and bring it together to seal. Press it in center & flat the stuffed balls. Do the same with rest of the balls & keep it aside for 10mins.
- Lightly flour your rolling surface & roll the stuffed balls into 8" circle. Make sure sealed side is on top while rolling & roll it gently to avoid filling oozes out from the dough.
- Heat the griddle to sizzling hot & place the paratha over the griddle, when paratha puff up slightly flip to other side & drizzle Oil or Ghee over and edges of the paratha.
- Gently press with spatula & make sure both sides are cooked well and in golden brown color.
- Serve with yogurt or any pickle