There is different method of preparing Panner butter masala but Vahchef method will give the taste & texture we get in most Restaurant. It is a creamy & tasty gravy goes well with Naan & Roti. I have made some variation from the original recipe & taste the same. Try & sure you will adopt to this method of making panner butter masala.
Panner/ cottage cheese - 200gms
Onions - 1 chopped
Tomato - 1 chopped
Green chili - 2 ~3 or to taste( sliced to desired shape)
Ginger / Garlic paste - 1 spn
Garam masala - ¼ tsp
Red chili powder - 1 tsp or to taste
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Kastoori methi - ¼ tsp (crushed)
Milk - 1 cup
Red food color - 5 ~ 6 drops
Whip Cream or half & half - ¼ cup (optional)
Oil - 1tbsp
Butter - 1tsp
Salt to taste
Water - as required
- Soak store bought Panner in a hot water for 5 minutes & cut it into chuncks.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions & fry till it turns transparent.
- Add ginger garlic paste to it & saute it for 2 minutes and then add chopped tomatoes.
- Stir well, when tomatoes become soft add red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder & salt and saute it until raw smell disappear.
- When oil separate add required amount of water and allow it to boil.
- Cook it for 5minutes & allow it to cool.
- Grind the cooled mixture to fine paste and meanwhile heat the pan with 1tsp of butter.
- When butter melts add sliced green chilies & kastoori methi powder and saute for a minute.
- Pour ground mixture to the butter and add milk to it.
- Cover & allow it to cook for 3 minutes.
- Add Food color & cubed Panner and allow it to cook for 2 minutes.
- If required add extra milk or cream to adjust it to correct consistency.
- Serve hot with Naan & Roti.
(I will add half & half at last to get that creamy garvy & wont prefer heavy cream)
Submitted to Bookmarked recipes