This is easy & tasty dosa which doesn't require any grinding & fermentation process and can be done very quickly with less ingredients.
Rava - ½ cup
Rice flour - ½ cup
All purpose flour/Maida - ¼ cup
Water - 2 cups
Salt - to taste
Oil - 1 tbsp
Mustard seed - 1 tsp
Onion - 1 chopped
Green chili - 2 ~3( Minced)
Ginger - as required (Minced)
Black Pepper - 1tsp, Crushed or whole
Cumin / Jeera - 1tsp
Cashew - as required (optional)
Curry leaves - as required
- Mix all Batter Ingredients & keep it aside for minimum 30 minutes.
- Batter should be very thin i.e watery & flowing than the normal dosa batter.
- Heat Oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, when its splutter add remaining seasoning ingredients & saute it for few minutes until Onion turns to transparent.
- Add this to rava mixture & mix well.
- Adjust Salt to taste.
- Heat the tawa to sizzling hot & pour ladle full of batter rapidly from outwards edge of griddle to center in a circular motion. We cant spread the batter as we do for normal dosa.
- Drizzle some oil over the edges of the dosa & flip to other side when it turns golden brown color.
- Serve Hot with Spicy chutney & sambar.
Note: If your dosa is not crispy enough then add extra tbsp of rice flour. Before making each dosa, mix the batter well & if batter becomes thick after making few dosas then add little water to it.
You may also use one Egg instead of All purpose flour & follow the same procedure, Just beat and add to the batter & mix well.