Whole Milk - 8cups
Basmathi rice/ Long grain rice - ¼cup
Sugar - 1cup or to taste
Ghee - 1spn
Cardamom Powder - ½spn
Nuts - prefered
Salt - A pinch
water - ½ cup or required.
- Soak the rice for 20mintes. Drain and keep it aside.
- Heat the pressure cooker in high heat & add 3tbsp of sugar.
- Do not stir & allow sugar to caramelize.( Sugar starts to turn dark brown color).
- Stay away & add ½cups of water to the caramelized sugar since it will splash.
- Now add milk with drained rice and mix well.
- When this mixture starts to boil, close the cooker & put the weight and lower the heat.
- Pressure cook it for 30mintues.
- When pressure drops, Open the lid & add sugar, mix well.
- Allow it to boil for another 15mintues.
- Heat the kadai, add 1 spoon ghee & add cashews or preferred nuts with cardamon powder.
- Fry it for a while & add to Rice pudding.
- Serve Hot or Chill.
(Note: Don't keep it in high flame, then milk will overflow. This Pudding will be in light brown & smells very good.)