Lacha Paratha or Lacheder Paratha is a popular whole wheat, Layered paratha from North India( Punjab). We can do this paratha in different ways like pleating the dough or by doing triangle shape dough & press in between and can also be done as I given below. In South India, same layered parota is made up of All purpose flour which is known as Malabar parota in different style ( you may check my malabar parota post). Here I used all purpose flour instead of whole wheat flour.
All purpose flour / Maida - 1 cup
Whole wheat flour - ¼ cup + for dusting
Warm water - ½ cup
Oil / ghee - 2tsp
Oil - As required
Salt - As required
- Mix both the Flour, salt, oil well.
- Add Warm water to the flour & knead well as a firm dough as we do for Chapathi.
- Coat the dough with 2 drops of oil & cover with wet cloth & rest it for an hour.
- Knead the dough again & divide it into equal size portion.
- Dust the rolling area & Roll the divided dough into circle.
- Brush the circle with drops of oil & sprinkle some flour over it.
- Cut the circle as strips & arrange the stripe one by one over themselves.
- Press the strips & Roll it again as shown in above picture (twist).
- Rest it for another 30 minuts.
- Gently roll with rolling pin in to round shape.
- Cook the paratha on both the side. Drizzle oil around the paratha & cook well.
- Take 2 ~ 3 parathas between your palms & gently clap to release the layer.
- Serve hot with any gravy.