After long Google Search about Cashew cookies & I came across small small bakers, which dragged me straight into the kitchen to make this lovely recipes.Thanks small small bakers. I have substituted egg with milk. I tried it for first time & really it came out well. Dear Friends give a try & let me know...
Ingredients: (Yield - 120 ~140 pieces)
All Purpose flour/ Maida - 180g or 6oz + little more.
Corn flour - ¾th of 1oz
Cashew powder - ¾ of 2oz
Butter - 110g or 1 stick
Sugar - 70g / 2.5oz
Milk - 25g / 1oz or half Egg
Vanilla Extract - ½ tsp
Baking powder - ½tsp
Salt - A pinch
Milk for brushing
Cashew pieces Halved ( depends upon how many pieces you are doing)
- Sieve All purpose flour, Corn flour, Cashew powder, Baking powder & Salt together and keep it aside. Discard the coarse particles.
- Mix Butter & Sugar using wooden spoon till it become pale and creamy.
- Add Vanilla Extract & Milk, Mix well.
- Add Sifted flours to creamy mixture and knead to form dough.
- Preheat the oven to 400F/ 200C, Roll the dough into required thickness & cut into Crescent shape or any shape you like & top with halved cashew pieces .
- Line a tray with baking sheet or foil. Transfer the cookies to the tray and brush with milk. ( brushing with milk will give nice brown color & cashew will stick with the dough.)
- Bake it for 15mins or till light brown color.