Chana / Chickpeas - ½ cup
Potato - 2 medium
Onion - 1 chopped medium
Tomatoes - 2 chopped medium
Ginger Garlic paste - ½ tsp
Red chili powder - 1 tsp
Corainder powder - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Cilantro - For garnishing
Coconut - 3 medium slice
Green chili - 1 small
Fennel seeds - ½ tsp
Oil - 2tbsp
Cloves - 2~3
Cardamon - 3
Curry leaves - As required
- Soak Chana / Chickpeas for maximum 8 hours & pressure cook it along with potato for 2 ~ 3 whistle with pinch of salt. Keep it aside.
- Heat a pan with Oil & add seasoning ingredients, let them splutter.
- Add chopped Onions, Saute till brown then add Ginger garlic paste.
- Once raw smell leaves, add tomatoes with red chili & coriander powder and salt.
- Cook in low heat for 10 mins with covered lid.
- Add Cooked chickpeas & boiled cubed potatoes to the mixture and mix well. After 2 mins add required amount of water & allow it to boil.
- Add ground Coconut paste to the boiling mixture and reduce the heat.
- Adjust Salt & spice to taste.
- Allow it to cook for another 5~8 mins & transfer to Serving bowl. Garnish with Chopped cilantro.
- Go well with Rice, Roti & Rice Puttu.