Last week, my friend Savitha & Myself was talking about cookies, which made me to crave for our own tea stall butter biscuits available In India. At once I did Google search and found this recipe from ruchikacooks.com & got perfect tea time snack. Try & Njoy.........
All purpose flour - 1 ¼ cup
Rice flour/ corn flour - ¼ cup ( I used rice flour)
Baking powder - ¼ tsp
Salt - ¼ tsp
Sugar - ¾ cup
Unsalted butter - 1 ½ stick.
- Let Butter sit at room temperature for at least 2 hours.
- In a large bowl, Mix butter, Sugar, Baking powder, Salt. Blend gently with wooden stick.
- When mixture forms a cream texture add both flour & mix gently to form a dough consistency.
- If dough is watery, adjust all purpose flour accordingly.
- Cover the dough & refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Line a tray with baking sheet or with a foil.
- Preheat the Oven for 375F, Dust with flour & roll the dough with a rolling pin & cut the dough with the cookie cutter to desired shape.
- With help of fork, make a hole & arrange it on the tray.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or untill golden brown color at the edges.
- Remove from the Oven & allow it to cool.
- Enjoy with Tea & Coffee.
(Note:- Dough will be slightly powdery - falling and cannot shape it. when taken from oven biscuits will be very soft, it will get harden once cool. I used fork to get design, )
Submitted to Bookmarked Recipes