Rawa Kichadi is a simple, delicious & Healthy breakfast or dinner recipe. Give a try & sure will be in your family favorite recipe list.
Rawa - 1 cup
Onions (medium)- 1 chopped
Tomatoes ( small) - 1 chopped
Cubed Vegetables - 1 cup (Any veges like carrot, beans, potato, pea, cauliflower etc. I used carrot & peas)
Green chillies - 6 ~7 or to taste( medium slit in to 2)
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Mint & cilantro leaves - minced (required)
Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
Water - 3 cups or required.
Salt - To taste
Oil - 2 tbsp
Ghee - 1 tsp
Cardamon - 2
Cinnamon - 1"
Cloves - 3
Fennel seeds - ½ tsp
Bay leaves - 1
Curry leaves - required.
Cashews - required( Optional)
- Heat 1 tsp of ghee on medium heat & fry rawa for few min or until it become grainy, remove & keep it aside.
- In same pan, heat oil & season with seasoning ingredients as given.
- Add Onion & Green chilies, fry till onion become transparent.
- Add Vegetables & saute for a few min or until it become soft.
- Add Ginger Garlic paste & stir for 2 min and add tomotes, cilantro, mint leaves to it.
- Stir for a minute & add Turmeric powder, water to it and bring to boil.
- Adjust salt to taste.
- When water boils well, lower the heat & add fried rawa little bit little & stir continuously without forming lumps.
- Cover with lid & leave it for 8 ~ 10 min in lower heat.
- Turn off the heat & transfer to serving bowl.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.