Lima Beans or Indian Broad beans are a good source of cholesterol - lowering Fiber like most other Legumes with delicious flavor. The Recipe is a simple aromatic Pulao goes well with any creamy gravy & Raitha.
Ingredients: (Serves 5~6)
Basmati Rice - 2 cups
Lima Beans - 1 cup
Onion - 2 big( sliced thinly)
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp each
Coconut milk - 2 cup
water - 2 cup
Salt - to taste
Green Chili - 5~6or to taste
Coriander Leaves - ½ cup
Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
Oil - 3 tbsp
Fennel seed - 1 tsp
- Wash & Soak rice for 15min & Drain it.
- Heat Oil in a pan & add Fennel seeds to splutter.
- Add Sliced Onion & fry till transparent.
- Then add the paste, Lima beans and fry till the Raw smell disappear.
- Now add Rice & saute it for 2mins.
- Add Coconut milk, Water & Salt.
- Taste and adjust the Salt.
- When Mixture starts boiling, Cover with lid & lower the heat and cook it for 10mins.
- Cool, Open serve with any Raitha.
( Note : I have used frozen Lima beans, If you are using dry beans then Soak over night & pressure cook it, peel the skin and follow the same procedure. We Can also add Red chili powder instead of green chili according to your taste.)