Kuzhi Paniyaram is traditional dish made by steaming batter Using a mould. This is similar to Idli & Dosai. It can be made Sweet or Spicy. Here I have given the Spicy version.
Idly rice/Boiled rice - 1 cup
Raw rice - 1 cup
Urad dal - ¼ cup
Fenugreek - 2 tsp
Salt to Taste
Oil - 2 tsp
Mustard seed - 1 tsp
Urad dal - 1 ½ tsp
Onion - ½ cup (minced)
Green Chili - 5 (minced)
Curry leaves - 10 (minced)
Shredded Coconut - 2 tbs (optional)
- Wash & Soak Rice, Dal & Fenugreek seed together for 6~7 hours.
- Grind it in to Fine Batter as we do for Idly & Dosai batter.
- Add required Salt & Mix well using your Hand.
- Allow to Ferment for 10 - 12 hrs.
- Heat oil in a pan & add seasoning ingredient to splutter.
- Add this to Ferment Batter. & mix well and adjust it to Dosai batter Consistency.
- Heat & Grease Kuzhi Paniyaram pan with oil in medium heat & drop small amount of batter to it. Drizzle with required oil.
- Cover with a Lid.
- After 2 ~ 3 mins, Remove the lid, Turn on other side & cook until it turns golden brown. Do not cover this time & cook in low flame.
- Serve with any hot chutney.