Tomato - 3 ( big)
Green chili - 1 ( split in to half)
Red chili - 2~3
Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
Tamarind paste - 1 tsp or juice extract from gooseberry size tamarind.
Jeeragam / cumin - 1 tbs
Pepper corns - ½ tsp
Garlic pods - 3~4
Curry leaves - required
Cilantro - required (minced)
Water - 3~4 cups
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 tsp
Hing / Asafoetida - a pinch
- Grind pepper corns & cumin seeds coarsely (Grind it in Whipper setting in Mixie), Crush Garlic pods separately.
- In a bowl take Tomato, Tamarind paste, Turmeric powder, Salt & mash well with your hand.
- Add ground cumin & pepper, Crushed garlic, Green chili, Split red chili, Curry leaves, Cilantro, Salt & required water and mix well.
- Taste & adjust salt.
- Heat oil in a pan & add seasoning ingredients to splutter and pour over Rasam mixture.
- Keep Rasam in medium heat & turn off the heat when it starts to boil.
- Immedietely cover with the lid to preserve Strong Rasam Aroma.
- Serve hot with White rice & Ghee.