This curry is very yummy & easy to prepare. Even kids loves to eat. Doesn't requires special ingredients & consume less oil.
Green beans - 1 pounds
Moong Dal - ¼ cup
Green chili - 4 ~ 5
Shredded Coconut - 1 tbsp ( optional)
Water - ½ cup for green beans & ½ cup for cooking dal or required
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 tsp
Mustard seed -½ tsp
Curry leaves - required
- Half cook Moong Dal with ½ cup of water, Drain & keep drained water & Dal separately.
- Cook Green beans, Green chili with water ( can take drained dal water too) & salt.
- When Green beans become soft add Dal & stir in between until water evaporates.
- Adjust Salt & spice to taste.
- Add Shredded Coconut & stir for a minute & turn off the heat.
- Temper with seasoning ingredients & add to the dish.
(Note:- Don't cover green beans while cooking to retain the green colour & using required amount of water also preserve Green colour . We can also use other veggie like cabbage, carrot, cauliflower etc. Don't over cook Moong dal, it wont taste good.)