Ingredients: Serve 3
Capsicum - 1 (big)
Onion - 1 (medium)
Tomato - 1(medium)
Garlic pods - 3
Ginger - 1 inch
Fennel seed - ¼ tsp
Peanuts - 1 ½ tsp
Cashew - 1 ½tsp
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Red chili powder - 1 ½ tsp or to taste
Coriander seeds or powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala powder - ½ tsp (optional)
Oil - 4 tbsp
Salt to tatse
Cilantro for garnishing.
Grind Onion, Tomato, Ginger, Garlic & Fennel seeds into fine paste.
Dry roast Peanuts & Cashews separately and grind it into fine paste.
- Cube Capsicum into small pieces & fry it in 2 tbsp oil and keep it aside.
- In the Same pan or Kadai, Add Onion Tomato paste mixture & fry until oil starts to seperate.
- At this stage add Red chili powder, Coriander powder, turmeric powder & salt.
- Saute until raw smell disappear.
- Taste & adjust the salt & spice.
- Add ground cashew peanut paste to it & stir for another 5 mins in low heat.
- Sprinkle water if required.
- When oil separates from the gravy, add Fried capsicum & Stir for 2mins.
- Serve hot with Paratha, Roti or with mixed rice.