Longgrain Rice or Basmati Rice - 1cup / 220gms
Onion - 1 big (Sliced lenghtwise)
Tomato juice - 1 cup
Coconut Milk - 1 cup
Green chille - 2 to 3 (Slit into 2)
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp ( to taste )
Mint leaves - 2 tbsp (minced)
Salt to taste
Oil - 3tbsp
Cinnamom - 1inch
Cloves - 3
Cardamom - 2
Fennel seed - ½ tsp
Soak rice for ½ hour.
Blend Tomato with 1 cup of water & keep it aside.
Extract milk from 3tbsp fresh coconut with ¾ of water or you can use 1 cup instant coconut milk & keepit aside.
Heat oil in a pan, add seasoning ingredient as listed.
Add sliced Onion & green chilli and saute until onion turns transperant golden colour.
Add tomato juice, coconut milk, red chilli powder, minced mint leaves & required salt.
- Add Rice to boiling Mixture.
- When the mixture boils vigorously, cover with lid.
- Cook in low heat for 10 mins.
- Turn off the stove & allow it to cool.
- Mix Gently & serve with any Raitha.