Arisi upma is very easy recipe and can be prepared in 15-20mins. When you are out of tiffin idea then u can consider this, Deosnt required any special ingredients.
Raw Rice - 1 cup
Water - 2 cup
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2tbs
Mustard seeds - ½ tsp
Chana dal - 1 tsp
Urad dal - 1 tsp
Asafoetida / Hing - ¼ tsp
Red chilli - 2-3 ( broken)
Curry leaves - required.
- Grind Rice coarsely in mixie and wash it for removing fine powder from it & keep it aside.
- Heat a kadai or pan with oil & add seasoning ingredients as I listed.
- When the dal fried into golden colour add 2 cups of water & bring to boil.
- Add Rice rava to boiling water with required salt.
- Stir inbetween.
- Cover the pan & let it be in low flame for 7- 10mins or until it cooked.
- Serve hot with any chutney.
Note: I doesn't use Toor dal, peppercorn & shredded cocunut. If you want to add toordal, take 2tsp and grind it along with rice coarsly and use peppercoren & cocunut while seasoning.