As said, Women can win her man's heart through his stomach......... this recipe will sure wins everyone heart in a family. Try & enjoy...
Ingredients: (Serves 4-5)
Chicken with bone - 1 pound / 500gms
Basmati Rice - 500gms
Onion - 2 big (sliced lenghtwise)
Tomato - 1 big ( sliced in to big pieces)
Green chillies - 3-4
Ginger & Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder -¾tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 ½ tsp or to taste
Cilantro & Mint leaves minced - 1 cup
Curd - ¼ cup
Lemon juice - 1 tsp( optional if curd is sweet)
Saffron colour - optional
Oil- ¼ cup or 100gms
Ghee - 1tsp
Salt to taste
Cardamon - 2
Cloves - 2-3
Cinnamon - 2 piece
Fennel seed - 1 tsp
Bay leaves = 1-2
Whole pepper corn - 10 (optional)
- Wash & clean the Chicken,Make into medium size pieces.
Wash & soak basmati rice for ½ hour.
Take heavy bottom vessel & heat oil in it.
Add Seasoning & allow it to splutter.
Add sliced onions & green chillies to it & saute it until Onions change to slight golden transparent colour as shown in a picture.
At this stage add chiken pieces & saute it for 5-7 mins as it thoroughly blend with onions.
Add Ginger garlic paste & saute it for 2 mins .
- Now add Turmeric powder, Red chille powder, Curd, tomatoes, Salt & cup of cilantro mint leaves.
- Mix well & allow it to be in low heat. Stir in between.( 10 - 12 mins depent upon heat & vessel we have choosen)
- Meanwhile take a deep bottomed vessel with 2 -2 ½ ltr of water to boil in medium heat.
- When water is boiling, put soaked rice to it &add required salt for the rice with 1 spn of oil.
- When water starts boiling or rice is half cooked, take it from heat & drain immediately.
- After draining the rice, put it in the chicken briyani gravy & spread evenly.
Now put ghee & saffron colour over the rice & cover it with thick towel and close the lid.
(If you have a vessel with tight lid then you dont need to cover with towel.)
Dum it for 15mins in low heat.
Turn off the stove & Open the lid, By using fork mix the rice very gently or transfer to other bowl & mix.
Serve with ritha or eggplant gravy or with mutton dalcha. ( will post the mutton dalcha recipe & briyani eggplant gravy recipe soon).
Note: Soak rice for atleast 20 mins or it wont cook properly.
Dont over cook the rice or stir often, then rice could break.