Fish cutlet is a another tasty appetizer for Non vegetarian lovers and healthy recipes. Can also be tried with burger.
Tilapia or any fish - 4 approx ¾ lb
Oil - 2tsp
Onions - 2 (medium chopped)
Green chilli - 2 (finely chopped)
Ginger & Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Red chilli powder - 3 tsp or to taste
Garam masala - ½ tsp
Soy sauce - 1tsp ( optional)
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
Eggs - 2
Bread slice - 2
Bread crumbs - ¾ cup
water - required
Oil - for frying
Salt to taste.
Cilantro - reqired.
- Wash, drain fish well.
- Cook fish in a cup of wter with turmeric powder & salt.
- Drain and allow it to cool & flake it with a fork.
- Heat a oil in a pan, add onions, green chilli & saute it for 7 mins.Stir in between.
- Add Ginger, Garlic paste And stir well.
- When oinons are well cooked add Chilli powder, Garam masala powder, soysauc and stri it for 2 mins.
- Transfer this masala to a wide mouthed bowl.
- Add cooked fish, Lemon juice, Bread pieces, Finely chopped Cilantro & salt. mix well.
- Make a nice patty with this mixture to a desired shape & keep it aside for 10 mins.
- Beat 2 eggs in bowl with little salt & turmeric.
- Take bread crumbs in a plate.
- Dip patty in eggs mixture & coat with bread crumbs. Follow the same with rest of the patties & refrigerate for ½ hour.
- Heat the griddle & fry patties using little oil on both side untill golden brown.
- Serve hot with Ketchup or with Ranch.
(Note: You can also add one potato or 2tbsp cooked rice instead of bread slices.)