All purpose flour(Maida) - 500 grams
Water - 150ml
Baking soda - Pinch
Oil as required
Salt to taste
- Mix Flour, Salt & Baking soda well with required amount of water.
- Knead the dough for 15mts to make a soft dough as we do for Chapathi and cover it with a wet muslin cloth & rest it.
- After ½ hour, divide the dough in to equal portions like Golf balls (approximately 80 gms).
- Apply little oil to these balls and cover it with wet cloth for another 10 minutes.
- Grease oil on the flat surface, Take one portion of the dough and roll as thin sheet in any shape.
- Apply little oil over the thin sheet and fold it like a pleats & strech a bit.
- Spin the pleats string spirally towards inside.
- Do the same with rest of the balls & cover it with wet muslin cloth.
- After 15mts, roll the spiral portions in to a circle like chapathi with medium thickness.
- Place the paratha on the heated tawa, turn the paratha when small bubbles pop out.
- Cook both side until golden brown spot appear. grease it with oil.
- Follow the same with remaining portions.
- Take 2 or 3 parathas between your palms and clap gently.
- Serve hot with any kurmas.