I am Saraswathi Tharagaram I would like to share few things about me and people around me.
why I started this Blog?
The good feedback and comments I received from my friends and relatives made me to realize that I am cooking well. Later I started sharing those recipes to them over the email and phone for quite sometime. With allmedia and social network presence I begin my Blog in March 2009 and My 1st post was Malabar Parota, thats how my blog started and my journey continues.............
About My Home Town:
From Triplicane - Chennai - Tamilnadu. My birthplace Triplicane is famous known for
* Bachelors it is called as Bachelor's Paradise
* Divine place for all spiritual people
* Cricket lovers sports personality like M.J. Gopalan, Krish Srikkanth and W.V. Raman all hailed from Triplicane.
* Patriotic people and poets - Subramanya Bharathy, the freedom fighter and poet, lived his last years in a house opposite the Parthasarathi temple's western entrance; the house has since been bought and renovated bythe Government of Tamil Nadu (in 1993), and named Bharathiyar Illam (Home of Bharathiyar).
* Marina Beach It is the last longest beach in the world * Vivekanandar Illam - It is remembered as the place where Swami Vivekananda stayed for nine days when he visited Chennai (then Madras) in 1897
About My Street and Neighbours:
Triplicane is known for "Ondikudithanam" where families of different sect were staying in row houses together. This community living with each family supporting the other during critical situations is not found now in the new Flat system. Especially after coming to USA I was surprised to see the
life stype of the people and you can imagine how difficult it would be for a person like me.
About My Family:
I was born to Lakshmi and Ganeshan couple as a eldest daughter and I have 4 younger sister and 1 younger brother. Our family is big....It is really big and crowded especially on festivals, exam leave and other special occasions. Still I remember those simple and innocent days.
Now I am proud mother for two lovely kids Pranavu and Anish. I was married to Tharagaram in the year 2004. I met him 1st in my college in 1997 YES ours is a 100% inter caste love marriage with usual Suspense,Action and Sentiment especially when I am the eldest one with 4 sisters.
Like everyone I also learned cooking from my mother. My mom trained all 5 daughters in cooking in both vegetarian and Non vegetarian dishes. Lately I somehow didn't like Non Vegetarian dishes but I don't want to disappoint my family members So I still cook Non Veg.
My Other Hobbies:
I am an artist from my childhood and won District and State level awards. Recently I start digital drawing with all latest technologies and tools.
Food: Bisibela bath
Sweet: Boondhi Laddu
Movie: Vasul Raja MBBS (Tamil) The Green Miles, Life is beautiful (English)
Actor: Kamal Hassan & Tom Hanks
Acrtress: Jyothika & Julia Roberts
Place: MY HOME
Precious moment: Sep 12,2007 when Pranavu Born.