This recipe was adapted from Vahchef kitchen which is very simple & easy to make. Tempting cake, fully loaded with chopped dry fruits makes more rich & delicious. Still remains one of the most well known cakes through out history.
All purpose flour / Maida – 1 cup (or) 125 grams
Dry fruits & nuts – 1 cup / 165 grams
Spice powder ( Cinnamon, cloves, cardamom)- 1/2 tsp or as needed
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Butter @ room temperature – 1 cups / 277 grams
Sugar – 1 cup / 200 gms
Eggs – 1 cup / 4 large eggs
- Preheat the Oven for 325 degree F for 15 minutes. Line one inch round cake pan with parchment paper. Grease the paper and the sides of the pan with butter.
- Sift all ingredients except dry fruits and keep it aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of flour to the dry fruits and mix it well,
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter & sugar using electric Mixer.
- Add eggs one by one and beat it until it become fluffy and froth.
- Add sifted flour to the egg mixture and gently fold it with spatula until smooth.
- Add dry fruits and gently fold in to the batter.
- Pour batter in prepared baking pan.
- Bake it for 45 minutes or a toothpick comes out clean when poked into the center of the cake.
- By using sharp knife, loose the sides of the cake from the pan and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Peel the paper and serve or cover with desired frosting.
Note: You can mix dry fruits in half cups of Rum or Brandy to make it traditional. You can got this fruit mix in any Retail grocery or you can get tutty fruty in Indian stores at dessert section.
This recipe goes to Priya’s & Aipi’s BOOKMARKED RECIPES