This would be a mouthwatering dish for those who loves to eat goat organs. This is very famous in many part of South India and they are high in cholesterol and iron. They cook very fast that you have to have an eye. If they cook too long they will become chewy and hard to eat… Let get in to the recipe..
Total time: Less than 30 minutes.
Preparation time: 10
Cooking time: Less than 20 minutes
Serves: 5 ~ 6
1 lb Lamb kidney
2 medium size onion
1 small size tomato
1 green chilies split into two
1 ½ tsp minced ginger
1 ½ tsp minced garlic
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chili powder
2 tsp coriander powder
or 2 tsp kuzhambu milagai thool/curry powder or to taste
1 tsp garam masala
2 tbsp minced cilantro
¼ cup water
1 tbsp lemon juice
salt to taste
3 tbsp oil
1 tsp ghee
1 bay leaf
2 cloves, 2 cardamom, 2″ inch Cinnamon stick
1 tsp fennel seed
Curry leaves as required.
- Wash, chop both onions and tomato separately and keep it aside.
- Cut green chili into two and mince both ginger and garlic.
- Clean, wash kidney with 1 tbsp of lemon juice and cut in to two halves or to bite size pieces.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan. Add seasoning ingredients one by one and fry it for few seconds.
- Add chopped onion and saute it for few minutes in medium heat till it become pink and transparent.
- Throw in green chili, minced garlic and ginger, saute for a minute.
- Add kidney pieces and tomato and gently stir.
- After a minute, add turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder and salt. Gently mix.
- Stir it for another 2 minutes and then add ¼ cup of water or required amount of water.
- Cook covered on medium heat till kidney pieces are almost done.
- Adjust salt and spice to taste.
- Add garam masala, and cook uncover for another few minutes, till water evaporates and oil leaves the side of the mixture.
- Transfer it to serving bowl and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with Rice or roti.